Evelyn Watkins fundraiser for National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA)
Did you know that I have been in hospitals in five states for eight of the past ten months?
Did you know that I have been away from most of my family (including my dog!) for most of this time?
Did you know that I have missed nearly a year of school?
Did you know that I haven't gone to a soccer practice in a year; I had to quit two shows I was in; I couldn't be on the snowboarding team this winter; and I missed out on a lot of basketball?
This is all because I have been dealing with Anorexia, an Eating Disorder. I am not alone and there are lots of people that need your help!!!
- There are many different types of Eating Disorders -- including but not limited to binge eating disorders, bulimia, anorexia, and ARFID
- It is estimated that 20 million women and 10 million men in the United States will have an eating disorder at some point in their lives, and only one in ten will receive treatment
- Every 62 minutes at least one person dies as a direct result from an eating disorder. Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness. The mortality rate for anorexia is 12 times higher than the death rate of all other causes of death for females ages 15-24 years old.
- Eating disorders affect all races and ethnic groups
- Children as young as five years old suffer from eating disorders
- Eating Disorders are NOT a choice, and anyone who suffers from one (including me!) can tell you they would never choose this.
I am asking you to help me raise money for NEDA, a nonprofit organization that provides lifesaving programs and services to individuals and families affected by eating disorders. NEDA is dedicated to erasing the stigma surrounding eating disorders, promoting positive body image and discouraging dangerous diet behaviors.
Donating here is a way for you to not only show your support for me, but also to show your support for the millions of individuals and families affected by eating disorders. Any amount you can contribute will make a difference in the fight against eating disorders. With your help, we are saving more lives.
Thank you so much for your support! You can also help by forwarding my page to anyone you think might want to support the cause with us!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.